I am a girl.
I am young, and already I am being pressured into being what society sees as perfect.
I must be absolutely beautiful, but I cannot wear makeup, because I cannot be fake, and makeup is a mask.
I must be intelligent, but I cannot surpass that of men. I must be able to hold a conversation, but I must be entertaining because that’s all I am worth.
I cannot be angry, because I am only hormonal, of course my opinion isn’t valid; I mustn’t step out of my place, which is in the kitchen, raising children.
If asked out, it is polite to give him a chance, even if I do not want to; I should be grateful that someone wants me.
I am a girl. You wish that you knew what life had in store for you, but it seems my fate has been decided, without my consent.
My wings will be completely clipped against my will, if I don’t take my stand. I refuse for anyone to take away my power of decision making.
This is it.
This is my rebellion.
I am taking my life back.
But I’m afraid it will go unnoticed.
Because I am a girl
Don't ever hesitate. Reblog this. TUMBLR RULE. When you see it, REBLOG IT.
- Depression Hotline:
- Suicide Hotline:
- Trevor Project:
- Sexuality Support:
- Eating Disorders Hotline:
- Rape and Sexual Assault:
- Grief Support:
- Child Abuse:
- UK Helplines:
- Samaritans (for any problem):
- Childline (for anyone under 18 with any problem):
- Mind infoline (mental health information):
- Mind legal advice (for people who need mental-health related legal advice):
- b-eat eating disorder support:
- b-eat youthline (for under 25's with eating disorders):
- Cruse Bereavement Care:
- Frank (information and advice on drugs):
- Rape Crisis England & Wales:
- Rape Crisis Scotland:
- India Self Harm Hotline:
- India Suicide Helpline:
- Kids Help Phone (Canada):
- (Hong Kong:
- Costa Rica:
- Czech Republic:
- New Zealand:
- New Guinea:
- South Africa:
- South Korea:
- Trinidad and Tobago: